Terms & Conditions
These are the usual terms that apply for any voice over project I may undertake for you.
1) Voiceover project shall be recorded in the English language by Talent and shall include only voiceover performance services and shall not include any other services such as copywriting, production, adding underlying “tracks” such as music beds, “foley” sounds or sound effects, translations, rewriting of copy, etc. The only services that shall be provided under this Agreement are that Talent shall perform the script or copy exactly as provided by Client at a production facility supplied by Talent.
2) Payment to be issued by Client within 30 days after Invoice has been submitted by Talent to Client following delivery of files via method described below. Payment will be made by bank transfer, or alternative method by arrangement, to Tim Bick (details on the invoice to be issued separately). Should payment not be received by Talent within 30 days of the date the Invoice is sent, Talent shall have the option of charging interest at 12% per annum (1% per month or part month) on the full balance due.
3) The digital files hereunder shall by default be delivered as 16Bit, 48K WAV and sent to Client via Dropbox link by the Talent, or via other method at the Client’s request.
4) For SUPERVISED sessions, once recording is completed by Talent, payment in full is due. If any revisions to the script are made, or re-reads are requested of Talent,
(i) within 30 days of the original files being delivered, Talent shall be entitled to an amount equal to the session fee paid under this contract for such revisions/re-do, or
(ii) more than 30 days after delivery of the original files, Talent shall be entitled to an amount equal to the entire fee detailed above under Payment Terms.
For SELF-DIRECTED sessions, once files have been delivered by Talent, payment in full is due. If any errors or mispronunciations by Talent are notified within 10 days of original file delivery, Talent will rectify such errors at no charge. Once Client has agreed on style/tone according to sample or audition recordings provided by Talent and a full recording has been provided, any re-recording requested for adjustment of style/tone will entitle Talent to an amount equal to the session fee paid under this contract. If any revisions to the script are made that result in new recordings being requested of Talent,
(a) within 30 days of the original files being delivered, Talent shall be entitled to an amount equal to the session fee paid under this contract where such revisions require re-recording more than 50% of the script, or an amount equal to one half of the session fee paid under this contract where up to 50% of the script is affected by such revisions. Talent may opt to provide re-recording of one or two small script revisions at no charge. Or,
(b) more than 30 days after delivery of the original files, Talent shall be entitled to an amount equal to the entire fee detailed above under Payment Terms.
5) Talent will not disclose to any party any trade secrets or confidential information of Client, including, without limitation, (a) any information concerning any of the products or services of Sponsor that has not been disclosed to the general public with Client’s authorization, (b) the contents, nature or direction of any advertising campaigns, storyboards, copy, commercials or other materials produced hereunder until the applicable commercial or other material airs or otherwise publicly appears with Client’s authorization.